We offer a committal (or scattering ashes) service along the River Orwell for those who want to bid a final farewell on the water. This is a memorable tribute to someone who has an affinity with the water.
Our boat is capable of holding 12 passengers with facilities to cater for food and drinks as required.
There are no set regulations when it comes to scattering ashes at sea or river, but you will be responsible for providing a biodegradable water urn for the service.
Please note that items that are non biodegradable cannot be placed into the water.
- Depart from the Marina to agreed location on the river
- Come to a stand All on deck
- Captain’s welcome
- Psalm 23 The Lord is my shepherd or Psalm 107:23-31
- They that go down to the sea in ships
- Commitment of final remains ashes scattered and wreath thrown
- Striking of eight bells (change of watch duty done)
- Lord’s Prayer
- Boat slow 360° around wreath and ashes and final farewell
- Return back to marina
- Music of your choice can be played
- Option for additional guests to join you at the Outlook
We are happy to tailor a service to your individual needs, so please contact us to discuss details.
Some local spots we recommend are:
We look forward to making your journey as memorable as possible. For more information, including ideas for the service please read this guide on scattering ashes at sea