Allen Gardiner cruises the River Orwell for 3 hours during which an a la carte lunch, supper or dinner is served. Your meal is freshly prepared on board while you cruise, using produce from Suffolk’s fine local suppliers.
Sailing all year round, with a cosy coal fire in winter.
There is ample space, both out on deck and in the elegant dining saloon.
Operating from the historic waterfront’s Ipswich Haven Marina in the Wet Dock, we cruise the River Orwell down towards the Port of Felixstowe, whilst serving fine food from an a la carte menu.
Boarding time is 30 minutes prior to departure from the berth where you will be welcomed aboard by the team, take a seat out on the boat's deck or inside the dining saloon if you prefer.
We will then take your drinks order and offer you the menu. Depart on the cruise sit back and enjoy the cruise and the informative commentary given by the captain.
We leave the Wet Dock through the lock, and you will enjoy passing through the port of Ipswich, with its grain and timber terminals and the roll-on roll-off (RORO) vehicle ferry terminal. Passing under the impressive Orwell A14 Road Bridge, dockland gives way to one of the prettiest river shorelines in Eastern England. We pass marinas at Woolverstone and Levington, the Royal Harwich Yacht Club, picturesque Pin Mill, ultimately turning for home insight of the Port of Felixstowe, the largest container terminal in Britain. This is opposite the old HMS Ganges Naval Training School at Shotley and also Harwich Pier and Parkeston Quay.
A fully stocked bar is available and there is an informative commentary throughout.
The cruise operates all year round, taking just 12 passengers booking individually or as an exclusive private charter.
- The Lunch cruise is from 12noon to 3.00pm.
- The Supper cruise is from 4.00pm to 7.00pm.
- The Candlelit dinner cruise is from 7.30pm to 10.30pm
- The 3 hour lunch, supper & dinner cruise itself is £22.50 per person, food and drink is then an additional cost.
- Main courses are from £10.95, other courses from £6.95. Minimum main course at least will be charged for. There is a choice of about ten starters and main courses, and deserts You could decide to have up to five courses.
- A 10% service charge is applied on food and drink only