In order to comply with government’s guidance on managing the risk of COVID-19 we have to temporarily change the way we run our cruises, taking bookings etc.
Our online booking system is not available at the moment – please call 07831 698 298 or 01473 558 712 or email firstname.lastname@example.org for more information and to make bookings.
Lady Florence cruises the Rivers Alde and Ore for 3 hours during which lunch, supper or dinner is served. Your meal is freshly prepared on board while you cruise using produce from Suffolk’s fine local suppliers.
Sailing all year round, with a cosy coal fire in winter. There is ample space, both out on deck and in the elegant dining saloon.
Boarding time is 15 minutes prior to departure from Orford Quay where you will be welcomed aboard by the team, have a seat out on the boats deck or inside the dining saloon if you prefer.
We will then take your drinks order and offer you the menu. The food order will be taken and we will depart on the cruise. Sit back and enjoy the cruise and the informative commentary given by the captain.
Departing from Orford Quay, initially we proceed upstream towards Aldeburgh. The river runs parallel to the coast up as far as Aldeburgh then it turns inland towards Iken and Snape this is where we turn opposite Aldeburgh sailing club .
Usually this is within an hour the ships bell will be rung to indicate that your meals are ready. Moving into the dining area you will be seated and your meals will be served. Coffee and tea are usually served out on deck weather permitting however you may stay at the dining room table if you prefer.
There is a fully stocked bar and a wine list aboard and is available throughout the cruise.
We go downstream to where the river goes into the North Sea at Shingle Street. So while you are having meal in the saloon we cover the same bit of river you have already seen, and that way you don’t miss anything.
We turn at the river’s mouth within sight of the North Sea and Shingle Street returning to Orford on the landward side of Havergate Island.
We go down on the seaward side of Havergate Island and come back on the landward side, so that way we complete a full circumnavigation of Havergate Island, which is the RSPB bird reserve famous for its avocet.
Returning back to Orford Quay.
- The cruise operates all year round, taking just 12 passengers booking individually or as an exclusive private charter.
- The Lunch cruise is from 12noon to 3.00pm all year round.
- The Supper cruise is from 4.00pm to 7.00pm during the months of March until October (times and duration vary depending on sunset)
- The Dinner Cruise is from 7:00pm to 9:30pm NEW dates 4th June 2021 until 25th July 2021 Inclusive.
- The 3 hour cruise itself is £23.50 per person, food and drink is then an additional cost.
- Lunch, Supper & Dinner Fixed-Price Menu : Two courses £19.95 or Three courses £21.95